Wednesday, September 1, 2010

50 WEEKS!!!

Left: August 2009; Right August 2010

Fifty weeks ago, I made a decision. A big one.
I decided to get healthy.


The goal was to lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks and while I didn't quite reach it, I'm proud to say that in the past 50 weeks I've lost 45 pounds.

I've gone from a size 16 to an 8. I've lost more than ten inches in my waist, three cups sizes in my bra and a huge monkey from my back.

I learned the importance of feeding my body regularly (remember, I lost the first 15 pounds by eating breakfast everyday!) and I learned how to include exercise in my life.

I've learned how to deal with the munchies (pre-emptive strike with lots of fresh foods in the house!), how not to eat my stress (blog it or walk it!) and how to order healthy food at restaurants. I even learned it's okay to have "bad" food every now and then, as long as it's balanced with a lot of the good stuff.

I wake up full of energy (and by 7 am everyday!) ready to enjoy my day to its fullest and I smile more than I have in years. Besides all of that, people smile at me more now and the boys seem to dig me more too (not needed, but nice).

But most importantly, I have learned to love myself, be proud of myself, and take care of myself.

Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me throughout this journey. You have kept me motivated and dedicated and given me accountability when I needed it. You Ladies (and Gentleman) have been my rock and I can never thank you enough. But I can keep writing posts, continue in my workout endeavors and cheering you on as you each achieve your goals. I know you can do and I will be with you as long as you'll have me!

March 2010 - after losing 25 pounds
September 2010 - after losing 45 pounds

2 comments:

  1. I love the before and after shots at the bottom, but it also looks like you grew two feet....what's up with that? :)
    -Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see those photos and I see problems areas and new goals. But I also see progress and that makes me happy.

    The height - um might be a camera angle thing, or the fact that I'm leaner and therefore look longer ....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...