Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fitting room fun

When I was a size 16, I was a good, efficient shopper. I would run into Lane Bryant, grab any size 16 that looked remotely good and head to the register. I considered myself a perfect size 16 and was happy about it. It meant I was one of the smaller people in the store and helped me maintain some self-esteem.

It was a different feeling, however, whenever I went to those "skinny stores." You know the ones I mean - American Eagle, The Buckle, even The Gap. I always felt like such a poser going into those stores. I felt like the sales staff was staring at me and wondering why the hell I even bothered to enter their doors.

Until now.

I went into a skinny store today and had a blast! I even enjoyed trying on different pants in the dressing room (a humiliating feeling most times!). My friend Alison and I went shopping at a sidewalk sale and wandered into The Buckle. I tried on a million jeans and played with different fits.

It was the first time in my life that I didn't choose the fitting room far away from anyone else. I even gathered up the courage to step outside into the store!

I've been having a hard time with the changes in my body. I am far from describing myself as skinny, but how much my body has changed since September hit me today.

I was so excited, that I spent $80 on ONE pair of jeans!

1 comment:

  1. $80!? Wow! Good job! You deserve it after all that hard work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...