Friday, July 2, 2010

Emotional Challenges

I was just walking to a local salon near my house after a nice lunch with my hubby when I passed this group of really drunk men. I actually saw two of them early this morning (about 7 hours ago) in my apartment’s lobby and just thought that they had had a crazy night of drinking and were headed off to bed….. anyway, there were about 7 of them- all very nice looking- some more drunk than others- holding each other up. I passed with care, not wanting to accidently be fallen on. Then, all of a sudden I heard snorting- pig noise snorting- and one of them told the snorter to shut up, but he didn’t listen. Seeing that I was the only ‘larger’ individual in sight it was pretty clear he was snorting at me. As I continued to the salon I told myself that I wouldn’t let it get to me, but it did. When I got to the salon it was really busy and the lady asked if I could come back in an hour. That was fine with me, so I headed home. As I walked toward the elevator I heard some familiar drunken noises. I froze. I thought about getting pissed , and then, almost immediately after getting pissed, I became shy and felt like hiding under a rock. Being fat and having confidence issues really do go hand in hand for me. As I turned the corner most of them were already in an elevator trying to figure out how to go up. Only one was at the call box trying to get their friend to release the elevator (the security in our building is pretty tight) and so I waited, just out of view for the next elevator. I took the next elevator up and once inside I changed my shirt- from a white & green one to a black one thinking maybe it was the color of the shirt that was so unflattering. I wish that I didn’t feel so upset about this, but I am upset. Losing weight is a challenge in itself. This just makes it harder. Part of me doesn’t want to go out tonight. Our plan is to go into the beer gardens and have a few drinks after a long week of work. But now I feel like I should just have water. I know this sounds silly, but it is real. That guy really messed me up emotionally today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tara - I am so sorry that happened! What an @$$!

    I'm mostly sorry some PIG, clearly speaking his native tongue, made you feel ashamed. Be proud of yourself! Unlike many, you are actively working on your weight and you should take pride in that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...